What did I learn today???
- That you should NEVER pick up your laptop by the screen (like my poor friend did the other day) if you don't like cracks running across your screen.
- That graphic organizers can be quite helpful for teaching students about finding themes in literature.
- That teachers MUST have a rationale prepared for any potentially controversial book he or she might teach; know WHAT and WHY you're teaching a particular piece of literature!
- That no literature is safe from censorship or being banned. Here are a few ludicrous examples of previously banned literature: Where the Sidewalk Ends, Black Beauty, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Don Quixote, Little House on the Prairie, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and The Lorax. By Dr. Seuss. Yeahhh. Oh, bonus! Where's Waldo. No lie, people. Here's a link with explanations: http://title.forbiddenlibrary.com/
- Productivity (way too much homework but it's all good)
- Not chewing too much gum :)