More inspiration, from Obama's inaugural address:
- "...and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness."
- "...dust ourselves off and begin the work of re-making America."
- "Our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness."
- "We will lend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist..."
- "And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age."
'While I adore all of these profound quotes, the fifth is especially relevant to my--and all of my fellow pre-service teachers'!--current and future endeavors. Education is so important, yet resources are constantly stolen from the schools and students are robbed of important, significant, vital learning experiences. I hope and pray that Obama will help this country achieve even half of all the wonderful promises he's made. With a slogan of "Yes, we can", it's hard to not be optimistic! :)
On that note, however, I think it's important to point out that Obama is not a cure-all-miracle-worker and that all of the transformations are our responsibility, too. Reform and re-building starts with us, the teachers--how exciting! I can't wait to begin...'