9.28.2008

..running from you is what my best defense is..




sometimes [lately] feeling like she's just not good enough [not smart or funny or clever or pretty or entertaining enough] for him, her husband her lover her future...

{so it's up to her to be her own love/make her own future}



"When I got tired of running from you
I stopped right there to catch my breath
There your words they caught my ears
You said, 'I miss you son; come home,'
And my sins, they watched me leave
And in my heart I so believed
The love you felt for me was more than
The love I'd wished for all this time
And when the doors were closed
I heard no I-told-so's
I said the words I knew you knew
Oh God, Oh God I needed you
God all this time I needed you
I needed you
And I so hate consequences
And running from you is what my best defense is
I hate these consequences
Because I know that I let you down
Now I don't wanna deal with that..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, bum. it seems that no matter where we go, we cannot escape ourselves. it's just as ethan hawke says in before sunrise:

"i've never been anywhere where I haven't been; i've never seen a movie where I wasn't in the audience"

we all have so much to say & yet, we wish so much we could say it as a different person, once in awhile.

<3