6.19.2009

My favorites are "Charade" and "Wait Until Dark"

Picture of the Day:


Quote(s) of the Day {special Audrey Hepburn edition}:

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

“Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.”

“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

“A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential.” [as a future teacher, naturally, I had to include this one XD ]

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”


Fact of the Day:

The number of Japanese living past 100 has more than doubled in the last six years, reaching a record high of 36,000 people in 2008. The country's centenarian ranks are dominated by women, who make up 86 percent of the total.


{could she be any more lovely?}

1 comment:

laurialigns said...

Ah, I LOVE Audrey Hepburn! I love what she did for others, and I like all of those quotes by her. What a classy, timeless woman. :)